I don’t see destructive people, but I do see destructive actions, destructive force or energy. Dealing with destructive force isn’t easy at first, it’s often counter intuitive.
So what is destructive force?
Well, several times over the last few years, wether it be individuals or companies, I’ve had to deal with people who use the following tactics –
- Abuse of Power
- Unbalanced self interest towards them and theirs
- Lack of consideration
- Lack of respect
- Desire to harm you or make you look bad
Sometimes this can be down to the character of the individual themselves or what they perceive they can gain. Other times it’s because of how circumstances work out, or an incorrect interpretation of how they think I am as a person. Yet other times they dislike what I am trying to achieve (them thinking I’m being destructive) or they just harbour a general dislike, jealousy, or ill will towards me.
So how do we go about dealing with destructive force?
When dealing with such approaches, it’s very important that you never forget what life is about
- Mutual well being and interest
- Strength of character and purpose
- Being impervious to manipulation
- Living up to your own standards no matter how others act
- Giving freedom to others to act how they see best and to think about you what they like
- Constructiveness over destructiveness
- Not mimicking, aping, magnifying or reacting with destructive force
- Praying to God for peace and for the other party, and aligning yourself with goodness and his will
It’s really all about playing good defence in a situation and standing for what’s right for both parties and in both their interests.
There’s no point in trying to educate someone about how they act, or what they should do, if they knew better they wouldn’t act the way they do. Your best hope is to tell them what you’re doing and that they learn from how you conduct yourself, and the outcome of the event.
Indeed so many people work against themselves in situations they often do a lot of your work for you.
If you stick to the above tenements, no matter how much it suits you, you can’t really go wrong. Win or lose, you always win, because you stood for what’s right and that’s the greatest victory of all.
You can use this on a micro level or a macro level of course.
So that’s how I deal with destructive force, I hope it helps you.
Thanks for reading & God Bless